Monday, July 7, 2008

296

So really, how much salad can you eat? Day in, day out, same crud. Even cooked veggies, which I have leave to substitute for leafy greens via my excellent sponsor, are seriously boring me now. I get hungry, but I don't want to eat my lunch. I just don't feel like it. Lunch for me used to be playtime, eat a carload of crap and feel sick afterward! Wheee! I was killing myself, and I always hated it after the fact, but at least it was something I could look forward to. The chance to slake my insane lust for cake and grease, or just greasecake when I could find it was the highlight of my day. What I life I had. It was all I really looked forward to. That, sex and video games anyhow.

Life is certainly better now, as is my health, but I am BORED with my food. Just imagine that funny guy who you hung out with just for his nice car and endless bankroll just turned into your middle school science teacher, with lettuce for hair. I grew up thinking that vegetables were a personal enemy of mine, a kind of culinary nemesis. I still don't like them but I am more accepting of them. I can eat them when I need to, even enjoying a salad made to my exactly specifications. I have made nice with spinach, cauliflower and pickles. And I have new vegetable buddy in broccoli to go with my old stand bys peppers and onions. But there has GOT to be another way. I've nearly skipped my mid-day meal on more than a few occasions.

Sometimes I end up eating my breakfast food twice in a day (minus the cereal) just to vary things. I told my sponsor about this once and he said, "It's ok this time, but don't do it again." So I just did it again, and not for the first time either. I was really hungry and I just couldn't eat the salad. I have got to come clean on this I think, at least just to get a little help here because it's driving me nuts.

1 comment:

Vive42 said...

hey there.

no idea what your food plan is, but i've got a fair number of flour/sugar free recipies and ideas learned in treatment. a few of my faves have artificial sweetners which may not be available on your plan, but there are lots of things you can do with protein/vegetable combinations beyond having the same salads day in day out!

personally, i think it's important to have a food plan you enjoy- not the focus of your day, but not so boring you end up frusterated and considering going totally outside of it out of sheer boredom! my old food plan when i was abstinent for months on end included flour and sugar but i was surprised to learn this time around when i did a much stricter plan that you can have variety and enjoyment even within pretty strict guidelines.

please feel free to email me if you want recipe ideas!