Thursday, October 4, 2007

meal plan?

How about this for a half-assed do-it-myself meal plan?

3 meals
no drive-thrus
no extra with meals
no snacking in-between
no sweets
no fried stuff, chips or dips
no binging

Seems pretty complete without measuring or whatever. I could probably get around the restrictions though. 'No extra' is pretty subjective. I guess the extra is the whole problem. I could probably fit and entire life of overeating in that subjective wiggle room. That's why I guess a lot of people call and give their food list in the morning. "Hello again, today I'm eating this and this and 8 oz of this and blah blah blah..." It's not so bad at the start but after the 50th call, it really feels forced. I think even the best food sponsor is going to run out of novel encouragements by then. I don't want to impose after all. Can't I just send an email? I seriously just want to eat and not worry about ounces and stuff.

My tombstone, "1974-2008 Didn't want to measure his food."

Can you imagine I haven't been to a meeting in two weeks? I bet you can. This blog is a kind of clearing house for my mind. I'm hoping that I can look at the words here and understand a little about how messed up I am. After that, I am hoping this new found understanding will lead to new will to continue the struggle beyond idle thinking. This is all an experiment. It can't be all bad seeing as my step study meeting is all about writing stuff down and reading it and obsessing about who you hate and why you shouldn't hate and why you're scared and stuff. I can do that here. I can eat a classic triple in two minutes too.

No comments: